[ATrpms-users] mariadb and mariadb-server in -8 mythtv packages
Stephen Collier
2014-11-17 01:56:10 UTC
Hello all,
I am seeing this on a fresh install of Centos 7, trying to install the
Error: Package: mythtv-0.27.4-8.el7.centos.x86_64 (scrpms)
Requires: pkgconfig(mariadb)
Error: Package: mythtv-0.27.4-8.el7.centos.x86_64 (scrpms)
Requires: pkgconfig(mariadb-server)
If I use pkcon to install I get a similar message. I tried
installing/uninstalling the mariadb and mariadb-server packages to no
avail.
I'm new to Centos 7 so perhaps I am missing something? I have seen
the other threads with regard to the maria/mysql issues so I'm not
sure if this is the same or whether I have done something to cause
this. So far all I have done is enable the EPEL and atrpms repos
along with the scrpms repo.
Thanks!
Derek
Version 9 will fix the problem. I have tested the install on el7. I'm
suprised mariadb and mysql are not packaged with a .pc file for
pkgconfig oh well learn something new every day.

It has now been build for el7 and will be synced to the repos over the
next hour.

Cheers
Stephen
Stephen Collier
2014-11-16 21:39:31 UTC
Hello all,
I am seeing this on a fresh install of Centos 7, trying to install the
Error: Package: mythtv-0.27.4-8.el7.centos.x86_64 (scrpms)
Requires: pkgconfig(mariadb)
Error: Package: mythtv-0.27.4-8.el7.centos.x86_64 (scrpms)
Requires: pkgconfig(mariadb-server)
If I use pkcon to install I get a similar message. I tried
installing/uninstalling the mariadb and mariadb-server packages to no
avail.
I'm new to Centos 7 so perhaps I am missing something? I have seen
the other threads with regard to the maria/mysql issues so I'm not
sure if this is the same or whether I have done something to cause
this. So far all I have done is enable the EPEL and atrpms repos
along with the scrpms repo.
Thanks!
Derek
I'll have a look later this morning. I'll check if pkgconfig works with
mariadb.

Cheers
Stephen
Derek Burt
2014-11-18 16:08:05 UTC
Post by Stephen Collier
Version 9 will fix the problem. I have tested the install on el7. I'm
suprised mariadb and mysql are not packaged with a .pc file for
pkgconfig oh well learn something new every day.
It has now been build for el7 and will be synced to the repos over the
next hour.
Cheers
Stephen
So far so good ... thanks! :)